Fire Departments Respond to Smoke Filled Basement
Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:17:21 EST

A faulty furnace is being blamed for an incident Sunday (11-19) morning had multiple fire departments responding.

At 7:22 a.m., the Alpena Township and Maple Ridge fire departments were called out to 9135 French Road on a report of a smoke filled basement.

No fire was found, and firefighter were able to extract the smoke. An adult female and infant male were checked out by paramedics from the Alpena City Fire Department for smoke inhalation and the presence of carbon monoxide. Both were cleared and did not require further treatment.

Lieutenant Tom Tolin of the Alpena Township Fire Department reminds everyone to have their furnaces and chimneys professionally cleaned and inspected now that the heating season is upon us.
Crews cleared the scene just before 9:00.



   


WebReadyTM Powered by WireReadyNSI